Txtocracy is a free, open source, non-partisan, and volunteer-driven initiative designed to increase voter turnout by sending text messages reminding people to vote. You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
The research that inspired us to create Txtocracy.
Yes, we are providing this service for free. If you have a text messaging plan, these messages will be counted as a standard incoming text message. However, if you are unsure of what your plan includes, we would suggest checking with your mobile provider to determine if you are charged for incoming text messages.
We take privacy seriously. Your mobile phone number will not be displayed and will not be used for purposes beyond reminding you to vote. After voting is completed we will purge the system of all phone numbers and will send a confirmation text to let you know we have removed your number from our system.
- Albert O'Connor, Lead Developer - Twitter
- Gwen Hamilton, Researcher
- Jason Shim, Project Manager - Twitter
- Mark Hallman, Adwords Campaign - Twitter
- Nathan Vexler, Community Outreach - Twitter
- Samantha Estoesta, Social Media and Community Outreach - Twitter
- Shubhagata Sengupta, Web and Graphic Designer - Twitter
- Walid Hassnein, Web and Graphic Designer - Twittter